- 24 medium peeled deveined shrimp ; about 1/2 pound,chopped
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs ; diced
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 each bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 pound Andouille sausage ; sliced
- Chopped green onion for garnish
Combine the shrimp, chicken and Essence in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
Heat the oil over in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers and celery, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes, until softened.
Add the garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Stir in the rice and slowly add the broth.
Bring the rice to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
Stir in the shrimp and chicken mixture, and the sausage. Cover and cook for 10 minutes longer.
Turn off the heat and allow the jambalaya to continue to steam 10 minutes longer before serving. Stir in the green onion.
Calories per serving: 417