Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 4 each bell peppers halved
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms ; sliced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak ; thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 16 slices provolone
- Freshly chopped parsley ; for garnish
Preheat oven to 325º
Place peppers in a large baking dish and bake until tender, 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
Add onions and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 6 minutes.
Add steak and season with more salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning.
Add provolone to bottom of baked peppers and top with steak mixture. Top with another piece of provolone and broil until golden, 3 minutes.
Garnish with parsley before serving.
Calories per serving: 802