- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil ; plus extra for serving
- 1/3 cup tahini ; stirred well
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 ea cloves garlic ; minced
- 1 can (16 oz) Chickpeas
- Philbur's Hot Sauce
Place the chickpeas, garlic, and kosher salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 15 to 20 seconds.
Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and process for another 15 to 20 seconds.
Add the lemon juice and water. Process for 20 seconds.
Add the tahini. Process for 20 seconds, then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil.
To serve, transfer the hummus to a bowl and drizzle with additional olive oil, Philbur's Hot Sauce and sprinkle with sumac, to taste, if desired.
Calories per serving: 164